Labels

Friday, April 19, 2013

Day 8: Ol' Mayo Head

After yesterday's dry hair, I decided to give myself a much touted "mayo conditioner treatment" to soothe and soften my transitioning ends. I generally find mayonnaise to be relatively repulsive, and bought a small jar specifically to use on my hair. Last night I worked a big handful into the hanging part of my hair (I tried to keep it off my scalp), rinsed it as best as I could, put a hat on to protect my pillow, and went to sleep. This morning I continued attempting to rinse it out with three baking soda washes and a vinegar rinse, but all this did was turn the floor of the tub into an oily slip'in slide. Most hair mayonnaise mask treatments involve shampooing thoroughly afterwards, and I realize now that it was foolish to "pamper" my hair so lavishly in extra oil (after all, mayo is more or less oil, egg and vinegar) while also being committed to going without shampoo. I'm not sure quite how I'm going to get the mayo out at this point. I'm considering a swim in a public pool. I realise that this is not very civic minded.
Mayo mask no poo results. This is my hair after it air dried: not a good scene.  It smells faintly, grotesquely, of mayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment